In South Australia, you can return to work provided your employer has effective measures in place to protect the health of its workforce.
For higher-risk activities, current restrictions and recommendations (including those contained in COVID-Safe Plans and COVID Management Plans) continue to apply.
For all other employers, COVID-Safe measures remain in place, including physical distancing, density limits, hygiene, cleaning and disinfection, supporting staff to stay home if unwell, business continuity plans and special arrangements for vulnerable staff.
Every workplace will be different and it’s important to remain flexible. Working arrangements could include:
- returning to the work environment
- working remotely if required
- undertaking flexible start and finish times.
- if you are sick, don’t go to work
- if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how mild, get tested
- stay 1.5 metres from other people wherever and whenever possible.
Safe Work Australia has a range of industry-specific resources and tools to assist employees and employers.