Who needs to create a COVID-Safe Plan
The Public Activities COVID-19 Direction places conditions on businesses that conduct a number of Defined public activities.
Businesses involved in a Defined public activity must have a COVID-Safe Plan in place in order to trade.
See Activities and gatherings for:
- definitions of Defined public activities
- businesses and activities that are still restricted
- businesses and activities that are excluded from the Direction.
If you have not completed a COVID-Safe Plan, do not have this available at your premises, or do not comply with current Directions, you can be fined up to $5,000.
If you have already completed a COVID Safe Plan at Step 2 or Step 2 Plus, you will automatically receive an updated plan before Monday 29 June. Your updated plan will apply the revised venue density (based on the room sizes supplied in your original plan), and any revised obligations or recommendations.
You only need to complete a new Step 3 COVID Safe Plan if:
- you are re-opening for the first time
- you intend to open additional spaces to patrons or extend the floor space of existing rooms
- you are adding new activities to your plan, such as gaming.
Examples might include:
- pubs or clubs that will now be re-opening their gaming rooms
- wellness centres that will now be re-opening their sauna, spa or bathing facilities.
COVID Management Plan
A COVID Management Plan, approved by SA Health, will be required for:
- Any activity of more than 1,000 people
- Venues wishing to offer both dancing and consumption of alcohol
You can operate with only a COVID Safe Plan provided you do not meet either of these criteria. For example, limit patrons to under 1000, or do not facilitate dancing.
When you are completing a COVID Safe Plan, you will be provided with the option to indicate that you would like to be contacted about the process for preparing a COVID Management Plan in future.
How to create a COVID-Safe Plan
Fill out the form on this page to create your Step 3 COVID-Safe Plan. Your completed form is your Plan. This Plan will outline how your staff and patrons can be kept safe from COVID-19.
- Refer to official COVID-19 advice and directions to help you complete this plan. Carefully review this website and www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au.
- Follow the link below and fill out the whole form. If your business has several premises, each venue will need a separate Plan.
- Discuss and share relevant details of your plan with staff, contractors and suppliers so that everyone is aware of what they need to do and what they can expect.
- Implement the steps you have agreed to as best you can. Remember: the requirements on the form are obligations – you may face a fine if you do not comply with these.
- Review your plan regularly and make changes as and when required. COVID-19 is a fast-changing situation, and the South Australian Government responds to this via a step-by-step approach to easing certain restrictions.
- Print or download the Plan and make it available at your premises.
Create your COVID-Safe Plan for Step 3
Enter the dimensions of a room or space, in metres, to find out the area and maximum number of people allowed.
people (excluding staff).
SA COVID-19 Information line - 1800 253 787 offers local information and advice on general COVID-19 information for South Australians. Operates from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm every day.
Your industry association may also be able to assist.
For technical help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org